Perhaps most of you have already been in a relationship that you define as serious. Maybe you are in the middle of one right now. Have you ever been in a situation to ask or say to yourself “maybe it isn’t the right time” or “maybe not now”, “I have to do this and that, and THEN It will be the right time”… or have you been in a situation where you are in a relationship that doesn’t satisfy you and you don’t feel happy? Did you stopped yourself from getting into new opportunities because it seems to you that it’s TOO LATE and your chances for something better are getting close to zero?
There are many factors that can affect your state of readiness. Everything is so individual that is impossible to have one answer that will satisfy everyone. And readiness is the one that determines weather or not it is too early, or too late. For sure, it can be too early and you don’t realize it, but know, that it is NEVER TOO LATE. Even if you are in your 30s or 40s or higher. The only thing that can stop you is your determination.
Some factors that can be considered as control questions:
Is it TOO EARLY to get into a serious relationship?
- Have you chosen to get into that state of relationship, or it just happened?
- Are you sure that you can take the responsibilities that a serious relationship requires?
- If you get into one, is there a chance that it will affect negatively your future plans for education, career or whatever is that thing that you want for yourself?
- If you are in your early 20s or even before, is it possible that you have a misunderstanding about the meaning of a serious relationship, or are there a major changes in your life waiting for you (like graduation, or moving away from the current place, or changing job)?
It’s important that you made the decision consciously or to realize that you already are into a serious relationship and think about the consequences and responsibilities that are in front of you. That way you will not have any regrets and you are not for sure too early into something that you are not prepared. Always take into consideration that the same question applies for you partner as well, and if someone isn’t ready it can affect the life and the future of the other. Sometimes people want a career and then to build family and that’s not a bad thing. You decide what you want from your life and position it accordingly to priorities. There is no social norm that can be good if you dream of something that will not harm anyone, and that social norm tells you – “no, you should do that first”. If you are not ready – you SHOUD NOT. If you are not ready – it can be harmful for you, for your partner and even for society. Sometimes being a loner and benefit from it for a short period of time is what is needed to make up your mind.
The last question is regarding the thing that is known that awaits you in the near future. They matter, because every person changes himself according to the situation that he is gotten into. We change when we start new job, we change when we move, when we graduate, even after a break from a relationship, and these changes are part of what is forming out characters. It happens vary often that people start a relationship when they are still in school, or university, consider it as a serious one and then things fall apart when major changes in life starts to happen in the life of the both individuals. Changes that sometimes are not good for the relationship and also not easy to handle. That’s why many relationships started at these points of someone’s development in life don’t end up good and is often said about “started too early” and these relationships are these that traps many people for years, because of inertia and habit in life where things are not what was expected. Then they start to think it’s too late to get out of them.
Is it TOO LATE to get into a serious relationship?
And since we said earlier that it is practically NEVER TOO LATE, have a thought about the following:
- Do you think that you are the only one that is in the same position?
- What you have to lose and if any – does it cost your happiness or potential realization of your dreams?
- Do you want to spend the rest of your life in the situation that you are now?
Take action and be responsible for your situation. Don’t let others to decide for yourself. Be active and allow yourself a change for a chance of a better life.
You may also find interesting to read:
- Is it bad to be a loner? 7 Risks and Benefits!
- 12 Best online places for lonely people!
- What causes the fear of commtiment? The Origins of commitment issues.
If you like this article and want to add something, agree or disagree – feel free to join the discussion in our forum.